Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tunnel Embankment - Near Side Pt1

Briers Grove Tunnel Corner (nr embankment)
I decided I wanted some of the running to be obscured by the modelling, so the tunnel was a good place to start. Working from the rear out does mean that some of the scenic modelling will need to wait for some time, as I'm working from right to left and back to front.

To give the effect I'm looking for I've started on the near embankment to give an idea of what it might look like when completed. I wanted this raised to offer a more 3D effect rather than all being the same level. This first embankment seen in the photographs is just for ideas and to offer a little more for viewing when running stock.

I have an idea for modelling this section, but first need to finalise the purchase of some kits prior to creating the scene. As you can see from the photograph, the curve offers a good scenic location for photography, so the embankments will offer a good modelling opportunity in the future.