Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Clutter & Chaos

This might seem stupid to mention, but from time to time you need to get into the modelling room/area and give it a good clear out.

I've just spent nearly 3 hours sorting out the modelling area, including boxes that I had collected of odds and ends. Now having cleaned the storage areas and sorted the remaining boxes into a sensible order I now have more room and can see what I do and don't need.

I've binned some really old modelling items I was keeping for a rainy day, sorted the junk from good and now have a good idea of what I have collected over the last few years.

As I'm working in my shed, I've put some hooks up and put models on to each hook near to where they should end up on the layout. This gives me an overview of what I was aiming for, but also makes sure I don't duplicate models.

My next evening will be to finish the clean up and sort out the modelling bench, I might even invest in some portable storage draws for the paints etc.