Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tunnel Embankment - Near Side Pt2

I was looking at the photograph below and an idea struck me for my aims on this section of modelling.

Using the idea of the raised embankment, I've increased the length and the width of the embankment, this allows me a good base for building on to and also allows for greater scene detailing at a later date.

One of the problems I have is track cleaning, so most of the modelling this side of the main track has got to be modular to some degree, having the embankment much wider will allow me to position the section more easily and make it much stronger so that I can leave it in place rather than keep moving it.

I've just cut the shape of the first part of the embankment, I've got an idea in my head and if it works I can offer a little more of a story to history of Briers Grove branch line.