Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Back Scene

Hand Painted Back Scenes
I've always envied people that can paint, and seeing a good back scene is a joy when viewing model railways. I always loved Hinton St. Mary, by Rod & Geoff from ET-MRC, the layout back scene was hand painted by Geoff.

Luckily for me I met someone that could paint, Harold F. Lane, so after some discussions he agreed to paint my scene, and no easy task, 22ft of it!

I'll be adding a photo showcase of the back scene, the amount of scenes within it is amazing, every time I look at it I see something new, just take the aeroplane taking off, I hadn't really spotted the hangers until I'd photographed it.

Harold has an eye for detail, his vision within drawing and painting is stunning, the amount of time put into it is quite something.

Many thanks Harold, you made this modeller very happy!