Thursday, June 11, 2009

Detail Impression

I was asked the other week by a friend about the paint detail I use for painting kits and scenic work.

It does vary from person to person, and, unless you're actually painting a direct copy of a building or scene, I tend to advise to go for impression rather than detail.

Fencing is prime example, too many people over do the fencing paint work, under painted is better. I use a mixture of paint work and flock to create the effect I want.

Base coat the fencing, then paint over with the colour you want, a good idea is to weather the undercoat rather than the top coats.

Once I've done the top coats, I tend to use some flock to create some form of colour, perhaps roses or moss around the fencing.

I'll post some photos for you to see later this month.