Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Elkin Station - Station Yard

This evening has seen a cleaning up evening, especially with my holiday looming.

Sunday turned into part running day, spent about two hours running locos and some freight. The track needed some minor cleaning, but all in all the locos ran first time so that is a bonus.

With the holiday just round the corner I wanted to finish the station yard off, to complete this I've put the fencing up on the platform of Elkin Station, photographs to be posted shortly.

This almost completes the furthest scenic area from Elkin Station to Tunnel Corner, what remains is to paint the small detailing kits and figures that make up the station yard feature.

This will now wait until I come home, perhaps Christmas will see me spending extra time finishing this section.

The next big section is the far end of Elkin Station, allotments and railway cottages, prior to entering the engine shed area of Briers Grove.